Dear Student athletes and Parents of student athletes
Providence Cristo Rey High School
Re-opening Plans and Guidelines as of July 1, 2020
Providence Cristo Rey High School is committed, first and foremost, to the security and safety of our students, staff, faculty, families, and guests. The plans, precautions, and requirements outlined below have been designed with this priority in mind. In addition, we are dedicated to ensuring that our students’ college-prep learning is able to continue at the highest possible level and that their work experience through PCR’s Corporate Work Study Program is able to progress in a safe, efficient, and quality manner.
The guidelines set by Providence Cristo Rey have been done so in accordance with all available resources, including those of the CDC, the Marion County Health Department, the IDOE, the Governor’s Office, the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, the Cristo Rey Network, and our own Medical Advisory Board. Recommendations and guidelines will continue to change and evolve, and we know that our plans will have to reflect our community’s changing realities. PCR will put out an updated, detailed plan for our fall re-opening on July 27th, 2020 that will hopefully answer any remaining questions you may have. We appreciate your patience and support as we continue to work diligently to prepare for a safe and successful re-opening. We express our deep gratitude to all those who have contributed their hard work, time, and resources towards ensuring that success. We promise to do our best to keep you informed and look forward to overcoming the challenges before us as a PCR family!
Below attachment will be the process and guidelines we will use start with our work out for our fall sports
Prior to July 6th
• Students and parents must complete Register an athlete documents on athletic website at www.pcrathletics.com including
o The athletic handbook signature page
o The cardiac arrest information form
o The concussion information form
o The Archdiocese Student Health and Safety Form
o The IHSAA 20-21 health history form
Students must follow the IHSAA health history guidelines on submitting a physical
Social Distancing during Activity/ practice days
• Coaches will assign athletes to practice group of no more than 10 athletes
• Coaches will provide each group with their workout schedule
• No student can be at the building more than 3 hours a day or more than 15 hours in a week
–Coach’s will be contacting athletes about their groups day and times.
• Hand sanitizer will be available at all practices; athletes and coaches are strongly encouraged to use the hand sanitizing or washing station any time they change rooms or activities.
• Athletes must bring own water bottle (no sharing of personal items)
• No lockers will be used during summer workouts
• Coaches and athletes must submit a completed prescreening Google form before entry into practices will be allowed including temperature and response to screening questions as recommended by MCPHD
• Athlete and coaches must be wearing a mask prior to arrival
Masks must be worn by coaches and athletes
• While traveling to or leaving the building
• Any time it is not possible to maintain 6 feet of social distancing
• When not in physical activity
• No visitors are allowed at practices
• Only athletes and coaches can be present at practices
• Parents/guardians picking up or dropping off athletes for summer conditioning must wait in their cars in the parking lot.
Departure from Practice
• Mask must be worn
• Athletes must leave building and grounds immediately after practice is completed
• Athletes must shower as soon as possible once at home
• Athletes should wash clothing as soon as possible once at home, if athletic clothing could not be washed then athlete must not wear same items on the day of next work / practices time.
• Coaches will sanitize athletic equipment in between conditioning sessions according to MCPHD guidelines
• Restrooms will be sanitized between conditioning sessions
- We will be updates information on our websites